24.11.12

Truly yours...


 “I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.” 
by Coco Chanel

I believe that one must always look their best... having a perfect face or a figure may not be in our hands... but looking our best is!

Last month's Vogue Australia had a beautiful article by Julia Alvarez... she is a Dominican-American poet, novelist, and essayist... So fit, stylishsuave and absolutely gorgeous for her age!




She perfectly explains what the importance of looking good is all about... by giving some beautiful examples...

Why do people dress up when they attend important functions or weddings?? It's a way of honoring others... it's a way of saying that if nothing else we bring you our best
She says "Beauty is really the gift we give to another."

In her article she mentions how she came across many houses in a small village... where a couple of tiny houses caught her attention because they had beautifully kept courtyards and little flowering plants on both sides of the entrance...
they didn't have any more than the others... but what they had, they made it so beautiful!
"That is the beauty that comes from caring and loving of what is there..."

Caring and Loving does not only mean dressing up in good clothes and wearing good shoes... Its more about being fit and healthy... get that natural glow on your face and half the work is done!

So
Take care and love yourself!!




Coming to my look here... I'm wearing denims after ages!! Though I believed denims are one of the most comfortable clothing, I found heaven in wearing leggings and cotton trousers the whole of last year... 

But still... nothing matches up to the charm of the classic blue denim! Right??
and going monochromatic with blue can never really go wrong... it's always pleasant...


This top is my darling... had left it in India and somehow got it couriered to Perth! Phew!
I love the silhouette....the collar... the sleeves... it's something that would look smart on any body-type...
Plus so comfy!




Top: Vero Moda
Denims: Pepe
Sling Bag : Accessorize
Ring: Accessorize
Shoes: En-route
Neck-piece: My mom got it for me longgggg time back! :)



Photography by Gautam Jadhav
People keep saying that they love the photographs on my blog and the photographer deserves a mention... I couldn't agree more!! :)






Also I have shot for the " Print on Print" trend and I'm so eager to share it with you guys!
Will be posting it real soon!!

Lastly... Life isn't tied with a bow... but still is a gift! :)
Hence cherish it to the fullest...
Look your best! Always!

Love,
Shreeja

6 comments :

  1. WOW..i love the look..so elegant..n i lurve Vero moda..i truly do..!I simply loved this post.Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u aditi.. :) :) :)
      I too love Vero Moda!

      Delete
  2. Your shirt is so chic... Looking pretty as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey chica, love these pants! Thanks for the comment! Yes, my 1st anniversary blogging ^_^ heheh! I am now following you back GFC- I hope you can follow my blog FB page! :D

    FEEDBACK: I like your blog posts, and the size of the photos, but your actual blog's layout is very large, and a bit unfriendly because I have to scroll back and forth to see your whole page. I would suggest making it smaller. :) I like the clean layout!

    SUGGESTION: Definitely network! It wasn't until about 8 months in that I saw I had some regular blogger followers, and around 9 months I had friends who regularly followed my blog :) I think it all depends on your content. ALSO! YOU should TOTALLY join www.bloggersagainstsocialinjustice.blogspot.com ! It's an international network of fashion bloggers who fight against human trafficking- I am actually the co-founder(since July!) We are really taking off- and the network of bloggers are SO amazing and we are like a family, and we support each other's personal blogs as well as our network! :D

    ___________WOW this was so so long! :D Anyways, feel free to comment on my blog to reply or send me an email at cdtjahja@gmail.com (faster)_______

    God bless,
    christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u sooo much Christine for ur feedback! :)

      Delete

thank you so much for leaving a comment! Your comment will be visible after being approved.