9.1.13

Sarees & Me

I love sarees! I would love to wear a saree everyday!
It's the most elegant, graceful and sensuous attire everrr! And I'm sure most Indian girls would agree with me!
Surprisingly (for others) I'm also extremely comfortable in them... which most girls are not... I just don't see what the hassle is about "managing" a saree! Just drape it and done... Like any other clothing!
 I remember Saree Day in my 10th grade where we seniors were supposed to take a class for the juniors. And one of the Subjects I had to take was P.T (Physical Training) :P
And we played Catch & Cook, Dodge ball and Kho-Kho, all while I was in a saree!
Had no problems at all! ;)

I have plenty more sarees, but here's a glimpse of some I have worn over the years! :) 
(Sorry for the picture quality)

Abstract Print - Georgette Saree

Printed Georgette Saree
I love this one because I think it's really stylish and has a western feel to it!

Olive green and Maroon Kota Saree
I love Kota Sarees... the fabric has a subtle ethnic vibe.... yet they are so stylish! Perfect for our generation I feel!



Blue and Maroon Kota
Another Kota Saree of mine.. which I adore! :)

 Off-White with Fuschia Border Kota
Yet another Kota... and so lovely... and I have this obsession about off-white Sarees! I absolutely love them! It's a "saree colour" for me :P



Pure Georgette Saree with Butti Print
Butti Prints are truly ethnic.. I love them in all Indian Wear



Pink and Gold! Artificial Georgette, Half Saree Style, designed by me

Rust and Navy!
Artificial Georgette with sequined border, Half Saree Style, designed by me
I don't have a full length pic :( 

My Wedding Saree
Off-white and Gold, Kerala Saree

Wedding Reception
Kanjeevaram Silk with Stone and Zardosi work

Love
Shreeja

22 comments :

  1. I am in love with all your georgette sarees.
    You look gorgeous is each and every snap.
    And I can't imagine P.T. in saree. Gal you are awesome.


    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome! You look really comfortable with Saree!

    http://colorsandthreads.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know whhich one I like best, you look so gorgeous in them all!
    The kota saree is my favourite, I think:) And nothing beats the elegance of your white and gold wedding saree!

    Love,
    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the gold & White saree! :)Thank u Shubhi!
      http://pineapple-ish.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  4. u really look like a queen! thanks for ur comment on my blog! giulia
    thefashionmamas.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The saree's were getting better and better as I moved down the post!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M drooling over each of ur sarees...n u of course. ;)
    M happy the future of sarees is bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just started blogging. My first post: The Return of the Saree.
      Do visit if you like.
      www.sosaree.blogspot.in

      Delete
  7. Lovely!
    would u like to drop by my blog and let me know what u think ;)
    kisses from Spain,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!

    I just love your sarees traditional yet with a touch of modern. And you look so comfortable in it. I still have to learn to drape one properly.

    www.thetimesofmanyphases.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooww!!!..thats a real pretty collection...n u lukg beautiful in all of them.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello
    very nice relay for they love for the woman saree very god for the post ?


    Indian Saris

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment! Your comment will be visible after being approved.