19.3.13

Ethnicity with a twist

Hello guys.. the contest was successful and I'm in Bombay finally doing a post!
My parents are so excited to see me work on the blog.... till now they have only seen the final posts on my blog... now they see and comment on every step of composing a post, excitedly... :)

The joy and peace of being in your own country surrounded by people you know is just priceless... and the excitement of being in a "shaadi wala ghar" need not be explained to Indians... 
My twin brother is getting married! :P :D :) Oh yes, I guess I have never mentioned before that I have a twin brother! So there's a lot of halla-gulla, shopping and preparations to be done... I hope I get to do a post with all the colourful, ethnic Indian outfits that I will be wearing for the wedding... not sure if I will be able to manage a shoot in between the wedding and chaos .. but will try my best... 

The look here was shot in Perth just as I was preparing to leave for India.. and as I was packing all my ethnic Indian kurtis and scarves it struck me to do a western look with my Indian wear, turned out pretty well  I guess, you guys tell me!




I love this Vogue diary that I got few years back at a Vogue fashion event... Really love the black and gold vintage feel of the cover and somehow it looked really apt with this look and surrounding!






That's my very cute, very new laptop bag! It's really funky and adds a new dimension when combined with the ethnic prints!








Sleeveless Kurti-top - Naksh
 Button down Kurti Top - Naksh
Scarf - Naksh
Chain - Accessorize

Love
Shreeja

14 comments :

  1. cute outfit :D
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the look Shreej!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing prints!! I'm following you now on GFC and Bloglovin :)

    Choies 2013 Spring Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome..i really like..how each outfit post of urs has a story to tell..there's so much drama..i love it.
    N that laptop bag..i really want it..!:(
    oh..n u have a twin bro..how cool..!hope u have a blast.

    Aditi
    SoSaree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the color :)

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that long jacket you are wearing here..Please congratulate your brother on my behalf :)

    jennysbicycle.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEY Lovely Lady!! thank you soo much for your comment on my blog.. really means alot.. and such a believer of ethnic i myself am.. love this post..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is written in the diary ????

    - Guess Who!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit !!!
    You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment! Your comment will be visible after being approved.