10.5.13

7 kinds of movies I enjoy

I  had planned to do a look post.. but then it's too much of work.. so instead I'm posting this..
I love watching movies... before coming to Perth I would watch a movie almost every week in the theatres.. after coming to Perth however I have explored a whole new range of cinema sitting at home watching it on my laptop..The titles of this list is a little confusing and may be misleading.. this is not the list of my favourite movies as it may appear..you will have to read it in order to understand :P

I'm a total die hard fan of Hindi movies how much ever filmy,over-the-top, masala loaded they are.. I have grown up watching them and though western movies are undoubtedly more creative, original and versatile, I relate more to Hindi movies... it's only natural..

Amar Akbar Anthony/ Main Hoon Na
I loveee these two movies as one is a classic masala filmy movie of the 70's and the other  
according to me is a movie which truly celebrates the filmy, masala aspect of hindi movies..
 I can watch these over and over again but not without getting goose-bumps every time when the three brothers unite and beat up the villains or when one brother runs in slow motion to save his younger brother from falling of the roof! :P
Sholay, Ram Lakhan, Karan Arjun and many many more movies with awesome filmy moments..
I love it!

DCH/RDB
These are definitely on the path of becoming cult classics of Hindi Cinema and the people of our generation won't question it either.. One can relate to the friendships, relationships, urban lifestyle, expectations from life, the feeling of being lost and finding yourself... and so many other emotions that youngsters have to go through.. Wake up Sid, Rock On, Rocket Singh are other movies on similar lines that were brilliantly made that I enjoyed.

Just an observation as I go on with my list.. lot of movies in the above points involve "bromance".. male dominated Indian film industry left me with no choice... hmmmm

The new wave of Hindi Cinemas
All the new young breed of filmmakers are doing a great job at breaking the stereotype of hindi movies into something more original.. though most of the time there is something or the other missing which holds back these movies in their commercial success, the change is refreshing and I enjoy them nevertheless...
Dirty Picture, Kahani, English Vinglish, Vicky Donor, Delhi Belly.. guess I need not say anything.. we all appreciate the change!

Coming to western movies.. Love the huge variety of subjects available and their treatment is always new, refreshing time and again.. and it actually makes you happy when absolute justice is done to the subject.. well most of the times.. 

Vicky Christina Barcelona/ Before Sunrise
 I really like these two movies and movies that are on similar lines.. wandering, confused people, from different worlds... just interacting.. finding a connection... sparking up chemistry... and I love it even more when it's left incomplete.. when the stories don't end! :P
And a European backdrop adds soo much to the story.. it's like a story behind an artist's painting beautifully unfolding.. and how I wish to visit beautiful European countries and simply wander... 
I wish they had not made Before Sunset, the sequel to Before Sunrise.. then the movie would have remained truly special.. :)
 VCB is not even a love story, it's just a beautiful portrayal of human emotions against the backdrop of beautiful city of Barcelona and shows how much one can relate to even inexperienced emotions, situations and even cultures..
Midnight in Paris is a really special movie too.. and I love Memoirs of a Geisha which is another beautiful and exotic movie and it's so rich in portrayal of Japanese culture and ways... the only movie I have seen till date that did complete justice to the book it was made from!
I'm not so much of a fan of simple sweet love stories though I have seen and enjoyed a lot of those too..

Rainmaker/A Few Good Men
I love love lovee Courtroom dramas.. may be it has something to do with the fact that my dad is a lawyer :)
 or I have read too many John Grisham books since I was a kid.. but I simply can't get enough of these movies.. 
There are some really good law based movies in Hollywood and I have seen a quite...The thrill and excitement of following interrogations and tricky intelligent arguments leading to the winning of the protagonist is something that I love to watch.. mostly one has to patiently and quietly try and follow the legal terms which is something people might find tedious or boring but I totally enjoy..
It's really sad to see Hindi movies(there are very few) on these lines.. they are filled with gibberish 
A Few Good Men is a brilliant brilliant law movie and Rainmaker is my personal favourite of Grisham's 
The Client, The Firm, Erin Brokovich, Time to Kill, And Justice for all.. and so many more.. enjoyed them all.. and I even thoroughly enjoyed the courtroom scenes in Legally Blonde 1&2.. fashion and law, how perfect! ;)

Amelie/Audrey Tautou/French
I saw Amelie and fell in love with Audrey Tautou! Then I saw all her movies and fell in love with French movies!
 Those of you who haven't seen this beautiful, magical French movie.. do watch.. you will smile all through it.. it's definitely one of my most favourite movies..
It's the movie which won Oscar in foreign category when Lagaan was nominated.. though I'm a huge fan of Lagaan, this movie is class apart.. no comparisons!
The thing I lovee about French movies is that they are so light and easy... they portray beautiful simple emotions that you have never seen being depicted or even read before yet relate so much because you yourself know those little emotions... They even have an abstract, whimsical quality to their movies which I love.. everything need not be explained or described.. some things are left for you to interpret or understand! Just brilliant!
Delicacy, He loves me he loves me not, Dirty pretty things, Priceless some lovely french movies I enjoyed..

Super Heroes! :P
This is something I recently got into.. obviously thanks to my husband..
Various series of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Avengers.. then comes the Batman movies, Spider man.. then the X-Men and Wolverine movies..and many more yet to go.. and guess what? I enjoy them totally! I'm either :O or :D or wide-eyed while watching these!
Girls, these movies are fun if you watch it with your guys! ;)

Do let me know if you have any favourites out of these!


Love
Shreeja

2 comments :

  1. Cute post..i love most of the movies u have mentioned..The memoirs of a geisha..is a classic..n Legally blonde 1&2, i have seen them almost a dozen times. N though i enjoy X'Men too..most of the times i m just drooling over Hugh Jackman. N yes..i love Julia in Erin Brokovich.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ! Same pinch girl :D
    xoxo <3

    www.littlemisssinner.com
    www.youtube.com/MsShanayaSinner

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for leaving a comment! Your comment will be visible after being approved.