20.8.13

Water Blues

It's amazing how the presence of water in nature - lake, river, sea.... even rain can effect people in so many ways... different people may experience differently at different times... Some feel free, open, relaxed.... some feel immensely happy.... while some introspect and contemplate and some simply feel lost...

Some dance in the rains and some get nostalgic... some celebrate the freshness and some feel so gloomy that it aches... Vastness of the sea may bring peace and quiet to many troubled minds while some may feel so insignificant in front of it's mighty depth...

We may say our state of mind decides the effect but I doubt it.... I have experienced almost all of it at some point or the other irrespective of my state of mind... rains almost always have the same effect if I'm inside the house - I feel so blue and low without any apparent reason (and it seems it's quite common in people) Outside the house I feel too cold and messed up to care... I really cannot conclude on this wave of emotions we feel when in presence of water...






Coming to my look.. this is my statement piece for PFF Restyle2013... A statement piece is something that stands out from the rest of the ensemble and makes a statement... So what does the piece do when it is the only piece in the ensemble??!! Make a statement anyway....Sometimes I do things that makes sense only to me...

So this is another opshopped item... from Salvos... the label is Millers (Yay!) - just for $4.99...
Cool blue kaftan/poncho/ a big sized top.....  so a perfect comfy beachwear item (spring is here!)

What I love most is the Ikkat/Ikat print on it.. these were really trending a while back internationally and is actually a derivation of Ikat textile widely made in India where the weaves are artistically dyed to make the diamond patterns ( it definitely makes a statement now! ;) )



This shoot was by the Swan river... just 10meters from our house where I jog every morning... the sun was out yet it was so cool... we shot this look at the small beach by the river and the waves though tiny made the sound that we all like...I was so happy, playful... almost jumpy... and the shoot was done in less than 10 minutes... you can tell from the photos




Completely opposite was the effect of those waves on my husband... Oh the thoughts and the talks after the shoot (it was hmmm... nice... and deep)... guess the picture says it all! hehehhe...


Love
Shreeja

No comments :

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving a comment! Your comment will be visible after being approved.